Sunday 11 May 2008

Diana Watch

On my myspace page (www.myspace.com/martynnorris) I do a weekly blog called Diana Watch. It started as a responce to the Daily Express running Princess Diana stories at the rate of at least 2 a week, I thought I'd count them and see.This is the first one on here.
Hello all. Another quiet week on the dead, saintly princess front. It looks like that we may have had all the fun out of this subject that the Daily Express will let us have but, like a French and Saunders sketch, the lack of material or direction isn’t going to stop me. By quiet week I of course mean nothing. Not a sausage. So what to talk about? Umm………. Well I’m having my hair cut tomorrow. Interesting? No, ok, fair enough. I got the new Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip album on Saturday, 2 days before it was released and damn fine it is too.
One or two stories this week that I want to comment on though. A senior London police officer said that only 3% of robberies were solved using CCTV. So what are all the bloody cameras looking at? There are thousands of them around London and everywhere else in this, the most watched country in Europe, but when footage from the 7th of July bombings was released last week you couldn’t make out a single face. The quality is awful. If you are going to watch us at least make it useful.

Nicest Story of the week.

A violinist who left his 285 year old Stradivarius in the back of a taxi played a special concert for taxi drivers at Newark Liberty International Airport, New York, to thank them for the safe return of his £2 million instrument. Philippe Quint gave a 30 minute performance in the taxi waiting area at the airport on Tuesday. He was returning from a performance in the city when he left his violin in the taxi belonging to Mohamed Khalil, who phone the police the next day in order to arrange it return. All side of this story give me a little warm feeling inside.

Sad Thing I did this week.

For some reason I went through an old address book this week. Don’t do this. Ever. It was one of the saddest things I have ever done. The names of friends now lost and some now dead spread out before me. It was almost enough to bring a small tear to my eye. I don’t know why it effected me so when I’m not really that sentimental or I didn’t think I was. Clearly there is more going inside then I thought.

Feistiest Old Lady of the Week.

Nobel Prize-winning author Doris Lessing, 88, has said winning the prestigious award in 2007 had been a "bloody disaster". She has complained that all she does at the moment is do interviews and have her photo taken and she has no energy left for writing and is unsure as to whether she ever will again.

Slightly Patronising Paragraph Title of the Week.

That last one. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment