Wednesday 26 November 2008

I Need Your Help

I need your help. I really do. I’m trying to construct a list of “good” people and I want your suggestions of people who might qualify. I want to list to be about today, not good people from the past so no suggesting Mother Teresa, although if not sure if see would have made my list if I was including historic people because she did a few things that were questionable. So the 2 rules are, modern good people and it’s my list so I can put who I like on it, although all suggestions will be considered. I want to do it because everyday there is a tsunami of cynicism trying to wash us all away and I think we should try and stop it, there are good people out there so let’s find them. Good people and a reason why.
Here are a few suggestions to get you going,

Tim Berners-Lee, he is the man who enabled you to read this by inventing the internet and then giving it away for free for the good of mankind. He works at CERN with the Large Hadron Collider.

Adam Neate, he is an artist who recently gave away 1000 paintings by leaving them around various places in London. He had used bit and pieces that he had found in London for his art and this was his way of giving back.

Jimmy Wales, this man founded Wikipedia. Wikipedia only employs 10 people and everyone else is a volantear.

Richard Reynolds, he runs the website GuerrillaGardening.org which does great things and that I love.

Now as you can see they are all man so help me add some ladies. Have fun and let your imaginations run wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment